Iowa-Illinois Safety Council Awards Program
Submissions for the awards below are accepted August - February of each year
- Recipients receive their award(s) at the Professional Development Conference & Expo
• Community Enrichment Award
• Hazard Control Recognition Award
• President's Award
View an informational PowerPoint on the IISC Safety Awards with examples of slide submissions
Powerpoint version | PDF version
Learn How to Apply
Past submissions from companies can be viewed in the Member's Only section.
Community Enrichment Award
Recognizes 1(one) member organization which has contributed significantly to its local community in areas of safety, health or environmental efforts.
- financial contributions, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- manpower, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- material resources, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- or other services, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
Hazard Control Recognition Award
A Hazard Control is a specific, identifiable change implemented to reduce or eliminate an individual's exposure to a hazard in the workplace.
- Engineering control, redesign, guarding
- Work practice changes that eliminate or reduce the risk to a hazard
- Improvements to the personal protective equipment used by workers
- Changes for previously uncontrolled environmental risk
- Training on its own will not qualify as a hazard control. Training in conjunction with controlling a hazard can qualify, as long as there is documentation of the hazard prior to the training, along with the controls put in place to eliminate the hazard.
In addition to receiving the Hazard Control Recognition Award, five (5) member organization applicants will receive the President's Award for their outstanding contributions with controlling hazards. The IISC Board of Directors President, President-Elect, and Past President will select the five (5) President's Award recipients.
How to apply FOR THE 2018 SAFETY AWARDS
Applications can be submitted August 1, 2018 - February 22, 2019.
COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT AWARD
To apply for the Community Enrichment Award submit a presentation or report (word, pdf, etc.) on how your company has made a difference in your local community, based on the criteria above.
HAZARD CONTROL RECOGNITION & PRESIDENT'S AWARD
- Each hazard control is to be submitted on a plain white single PowerPoint slide (please do not use any design or company branding on the slides)
- Any layout, you can:
- Include pictures (before & after) if applicable
- Brief descriptions of the hazard and benefit from control
- Each member organization may submit as few as ONE and up to FIVE hazard control projects for consideration by the awards committee.
- Every member organization that meets the minimum requirement will earn an award.
Send your submissions to Dan at Dan@iisc.org