on-site training - consultation - walkthrough audit and inspection
available to members and non-members
Do you need IISC's safety and health professionals to come on site to help you implement or advance your Occupational Safety and Health Programs? They can assist you in traffic safety, first aid and CPR, off the job, and many other areas.
**Member Discounts available for all services**
The professional trainers at IISC can bring a wide range of safety presentations to your facility. From First Aid/CPR and Defensive Driving to Forklift Safety and personal protective equipment, presentations can be tailored to meet your facilities needs and scheduled for your convenience. The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council's trainers can customize the training to your company and your specific needs. On-site training is great for when you need to train several employees with little disruption to their normal schedule.
For a full list of programs offered, check out our Workplace Safety page. If you need a program that is not on our list, please contact one of our trainers to see if we can develop it for you or find someone who can.
Request On-Site Training
Iowa-Illinois Safety Council trainers can share the knowledge and experience they have accumulated with you to help make sense of the safety issues facing your organization. Learn more about IISC's Consulting Services.
Walkthrough audit and inspection
Our Walkthrough Audit and Inspection is similar to what OSHA might do if they came to your facility.
Below is the process involved for conducting a walkthrough.
1. Opening meeting - The purpose of the opening meeting is to meet people involved in the walkthrough. And to lay out how the day will proceed.
2. OSHA Logs and Summary forms - We begin by asking for 5 years of OSHA logs and Summary forms. During this part, we look at the case numbers to make sure they are unique to that case and are not repeated. We also make sure that the Log is filled out correctly. On the Summary form, we make sure it is filled out correctly matching the information from the Log and make sure that it is signed by a company executive.
3. Written Programs - We review your written programs for OSHA compliance. For example, but not limited to;
- Emergency Action Plans
- Machine Guarding
- Personal Protective Equipment
4. Facility Inspection
- We do a guided walkthrough of your facility identifying OSHA deficiencies and hazards. If allowed we will take pictures of the deficiencies. Examples listed below are not all inclusive.
- Adequate machine guarding
- Fall Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Slip Trip and Fall Hazards
- Exit signs, Egress
- LP storage
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Cranes and hoist inspections
- Chemical exposures
5. Closing Meeting - We review findings and at a later date you will receive a detailed report that contains a pictures of the violations, why it is a violation, and the OSHA standard violated. Also addressed is potential training needs we might suggest for your company.