Iowa-Illinois Safety Council Awards Program
Submissions for the awards below are accepted August - March.
Recipients receive their award(s) at the Professional Development Conference & Expo
- Community Enrichment Award
- Hazard Control Recognition Award
- President's Award
- Chuck Goodman Excellence in Safety Award
View an informational PowerPoint on the IISC Safety Awards with examples of slide submissions
Powerpoint version | PDF version | Download the slide template
Learn How to Apply
Past submissions from companies can be viewed in the Member's Only section.
Community Enrichment Award
Recognizes 1(one) member organization which has contributed significantly to its local community in areas of safety, health or environmental efforts.
- financial contributions, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- manpower, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- material resources, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
- or other services, in the areas of safety, health or environmental efforts
**Submissions must be what the company does for local or surrounding communities that the company resides in. It can not feature a product or service of the company unless that service is provided as an in-kind donation to help their local communities.**
Hazard Control Recognition Award
A Hazard Control is a specific, identifiable change implemented to reduce or eliminate an individual's exposure to a hazard in the workplace.
- Engineering control, redesign, guarding
- Work practice changes that eliminate or reduce the risk to a hazard
- Improvements to the personal protective equipment used by workers
- Changes for previously uncontrolled environmental risk
- Training on its own will not qualify as a hazard control. Training in conjunction with controlling a hazard can qualify, as long as there is documentation of the hazard prior to the training, along with the controls put in place to eliminate the hazard.
- Only one plaque or tag will be given per company location.
-- If multiple departments from a single location send in submissions, they will be grouped together for that company and receive one plaque/tag total. Additional plaques or tags can be purchased.
- Companies with multiple locations are welcome to send in submissions from each location as long as that location falls under the IISC membership or has an IISC Service Package Membership
In addition to receiving the Hazard Control Recognition Award, five (5) member organization applicants will receive the President's Award for their outstanding contributions with controlling hazards. The IISC Board of Directors President, President-Elect, and Past President will select the five (5) President's Award recipients.
Chuck Goodman Excellence in Safety Award
New in 2021! The Chuck Goodman Excellence in Safety award is awarded to one member organization that goes above and beyond in the name of safety at their facility. Like the President's Award, the recipient is chosen from the Hazard Control Recognition submissions.
How to apply FOR THE IISC SAFETY AWARDS
Applications can be submitted August 1, 2022 - March 3, 2023.
COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT AWARD
To apply for the Community Enrichment Award submit a presentation or report (word, pdf, etc.) on how your company has made a difference in your local community, based on the criteria above.
***Submissions must be submitted via the form linked below.***
Community Enrichment Award Submission Form
HAZARD CONTROL RECOGNITION, PRESIDENT'S AWARD, & Chuck goodman excellence in safety awards
Safety Award Submission Form
- Each hazard control is to be submitted on a plain white single PowerPoint slide (please do not use any design or company branding on the slides)
- Any layout, you can:
- Include pictures (before & after) if applicable (but preferred)
- Brief descriptions of the hazard and benefit from control
- Each member organization may submit as few as ONE and up to FIVE hazard control projects for consideration by the awards committee.
- Every member organization that meets the minimum requirement will earn an award. Please see the full requirements above.
- The President's Award and Chuck Goodman Excellence in Safety Award are chosen from the Hazard Control submissions.
- DOWNLOAD THE TEMPLATE SLIDE (pptx file)
***All submissions must be sent in via the form linked below***
Outstanding Achievement Award
Click here for more information about the Outstanding Achievement Award