Dot hazmat training
The Transportation of Hazardous Materials
The Department of Transportation under 49 CFR 100-185 identifies employees who require training for the shipment of hazardous materials. Employees that have an affect on the transportation of hazardous materials must be trained before they can conduct any action regarding movement of that material. Training is required initially and repeated every 3 years.
Hazmat employees are described as those who:
- Load, unload, or handle hazardous materials
- Design, manufacture, fabricate, inspect, mark, maintain, recondition, repair, or tests a package, container or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified, or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous material in commerce
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation
- Is responsible for the safety of transporting hazardous materials
- Operate a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
A hazardous material is a substance or material that is capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety, and property when transported in commerce, and includes hazardous substances, hazardous wastes, marine pollutants, elevated temperature materials, etc.
This training will cover:
- The purpose and use of the hazardous materials table and special provisions
- Shipping Papers
- Emergency Response
To view upcoming training dates visit our online calendar
For any questions or to receive a quote on custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers.