Machine guarding ranks among the Top 10 of most frequently cited OSHA standards. This Machine Guarding Compliance Training course will help you sort it out. Through discussion and activities, our professional facilitator will break down the regulation into terms you can understand. In just four hours, you’ll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees.
You'll Be Able To:
This training class will cover only the formal instruction and will include the following topics:?
- Empower your employees to identify - and avoid - potential problems
- Assess situations where exposure to chemicals has occurred
- Reduce chemical-related illnesses and injuries throughout your facility
- Save on workers’ comp and related costs
What You’ll Learn
- Each section of OSHA 1910 Subpart O Machinery and Machine Guarding (1910.212 - 1910.243) in detail and touch on Safeguarding for Sawmills and Pulp, Paper and Paperboard Mills
- Basic concepts, principles and methods of machine guarding
- Common causes of machine incidents and how to avoid them
- Which areas should be guarded to provide adequate worker protection
- Best practices - how to apply basic guarding principles when specific issues are not covered in the regulation
- Understand the key elements of the regulation and the basics of guarding principles and construction
- Recognize the importance of machine guarding to preventing injuries
- Apply the regulation to specific types of equipment in your workplace
- Identify the hazards associated with various types of machinery and equipment
- Determine what areas need guarding and what type is necessary
- Prevent machine-related injuries and associated costs
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
For Virtual Attendees:
This is a live instructor training. Attending virtually requires each attendee to have a computer/laptop with a camera and microphone. Your camera must be on during the class and the instructor will call on you to answer questions. The link to the zoom meeting will be sent to you the day before the class. Please be familiar with the zoom platform before the class so you don't have any issues the morning of the class. Joining the class late may result in you needing to reschedule to a future class date.
IISC Office or Virtual
1501 42nd Ste STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register