Confined Space Safety
Many workplaces contain spaces that are considered “confined” because their configurations hinder the activities of any employee that must enter, work in, and exit them. The hazards encountered and associated with entering and working in confined spaces are capable of causing bodily injury, illness, and death to the worker. That’s because the hazards tend to be misunderstood or underestimated. And many confined spaces fatalities involve not one, but two, victims: the worker and the rescuer.
What You Will Learn
- Key elements of the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.146)
- Confined spaces concepts and terminology
- The difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined space
- How to identify and evaluate hazards: atmospheric, mechanical, chemical
- Procedures for controlling hazards
- Proper protective equipment for confined spaces
- Duties of the entry supervisor, entrant, and attendant
- Procedures for self-rescue, non-entry rescue, entry rescue by company employees, and entry rescue by emergency responders
- Completing the entry process
Please read our current Covid-19 in-person class procedures here.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
IISC Office or Virtual
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register