Safety for the HR Professional
The human resource professional is becoming increasingly involved in workplace safety. HR professionals should understand basic information, regulations and requirements, concepts and techniques involved in workplace safety and security. This course is intended for HR professionals whether you are new to safety, responsible for safety, or working with the safety department. The topics and depth of coverage will help HR professionals recognize and understand the basics of safety regulations and other important safety considerations that apply to their organizations. By completing this course, attendees will be prepared to recognize areas of regulatory and financial safety risk, plus come away with a road map to address shortcomings in their current safety program.
Course Topics Include:
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) log requirements and the relationship between log and workers compensation
- And other types of recordkeeping
- First aid/Bloodborne pathogens – when and where training is required
- Chemical hazard communication – program requirements and common pitfalls
- Basics on Lockout/tagout, Fall protection, and Confined space
- Personal protective equipment/Loud noise
- Electrical safety
- Forklift operator requirements
Department of Transportation (DOT) Basic Requirements
Reduction of Risk in the Workplace
- Recognition of ergonomics risk factors and basic solutions
- Workplace violence prevention
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Emergency plans, evacuation, and fire prevention
- Workplace driving policy
- Safety committees
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register