Update Course for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers
This 3 day course is designed for those instructors who have completed the OSHA 500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. This program provides an update on OSHA compliance, standards and industry best practices and will allow instructors to continue to conduct OSHA 10 & 30 hour outreach training. Given the Outreach Training Program for Construction Industry Safety and Health, up-to-date OSHA Construction Standards, and current status as an Authorized Outreach Trainer, the participants will be able to demonstrate professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define and explain construction industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures in accordance with the 29 CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Standards and Industry best Practices as they continue to teach 10 and 30 hour OSHA Outreach Courses.
Participants will receive an instructor card and certificate from the Great Plains OSHA Education Center. Outreach instructors are required to attend an OSHA 502 course once every four years to maintain their instructor status and participants must provide a copy of their current card with registration.
Participants should bring a laptop computer. If you do not have a laptop available for your use, please let us know in advance and we will try to accommodate your needs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council offers this OSHA course as a Host Training Organization of The Great Plains OSHA Education Center.
**Authorized trainers must complete a trainer update course prior to their expiration date. We will cancel OSHA 502 classes two (2) weeks prior to the class start date if we do not have a minimum of three (3) students per class. OSHA intends for the training to be participatory and so for this reason, OSHA requires us to teach at least three (3) students per class. This two (2) week training class cancellation will allow a little flexibility for authorized trainers needing update to find another training location before their expiration; OSHA no longer has a grace period for expirations.**
Class Date & Times:
November 16-18, 2021 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - IISC Office - West Des Moines, IA
Click here for a list of local hotel accommodations (Des Moines)
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Please fill out the information below with the attendee's information under "Billing Info".
If you need to register multiple people, you must submit a separate registration for each person.
Attendees will need to show a valid driver’s license or ID at the class.