Job Safety Analysis (ASC)
Learn to Control Operating Hazards and Costs
Safety in the workplace is more important than ever. In the changing world of work, it is important to analyze how returning to work and new safety protocols may necessitate updates or new job safety analyses.
The NSC Job Safety Analysis course offers a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. You’ll learn how to develop and manage a JSA program and gain a better understanding of your role in making it effective. Through discussions, demonstrations and exercises, you’ll learn how to dissect processes in your operation and eliminate or reduce hazards inherent with these processes. You’ll also learn how to enlist participation from frontline employees, supervisors and upper management. The result: efficient procedures that help reduce personal injuries and operating costs.
What You Will Learn:
- How to recognize and use important safety and health terminology
- JSA's relation to continuous improvement in your organization
- How to identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using JSA
- The key requirements for a successful JSA
- How to recognize hazards inherent in task performance and develop solutions and hazard controls
- How to complete a JSA form
Who Would Benefit
This course is designed for safety practitioners, safety committee members, safety coordinators, safety specialists, human resources personnel, safety managers, loss control managers and operations managers. Register today and gain the skills you need to develop and implement a JSA program that reduces personal injuries and operating costs.
Completion of the Job Safety Analysis Course earns you 0.65 CEUs towards the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program based on proven best practices.
Advanced Safety Certificate
The robust ASC® program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens your leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization. For individuals on a career path in safety, this certificate program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
To attain the Advanced Safety Certificate, you must complete the
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course and a minimum of 5.2 CEU’s among the approved classes.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register