First Aid Instructor Development Course
Teach Others To Save Lives
Become a certified NSC First Aid Instructor. The National Safety Council offers certification in first aid and CPR training, whether you need to be an instructor at your workplace or you’re looking to teach as part of a community effort.
- If you’re already an instructor elsewhere, you likely can be grandfathered into our program; contact Heather at email@example.com or 515-276-4724 ext. 230 for more information
Tuition includes complete instructor package and instructor certification (upon successful completion of course).
Upon successful completion, you will be required to sign a Training Center/Instructor agreement.
As a National Safety Council instructor, you’re backed by years of expertise in emergency care. More than 70 national health, professional and government organizations have contributed to our course content. Our course materials are unmatched for quality. And we’ll be here for you if you have any questions or concerns.
NSC First Aid, CPR & AED
Knowing how to respond to a medical emergency is one of the most important skills a person can possess. The NSC First Aid, CPR & AED course meets the OSHA requirements and is your tool for training employees or the general public on the latest skills, techniques and expertise in life-saving procedures. The practice and feedback of using related skills in a realistic situation is integrated into the actual teaching experience and are taught in a dynamic and hands-on way with industry-leading curriculum.
What You'll Learn
During this course you will learn new methods that involve, influence and facilitate adult learning while refining your teaching skills. The course covers a proven, standardized method of teaching first aid, CPR and AED with high effectiveness and you will be provided with the reasons and dynamics behind each topic or visual presentation.
Benefits of Being Authorized by NSC
- NSC courses use the newest teaching methods and always meet OSHA and the latest guidelines
- Course completion cards, which are nationally recognized, are included FREE in our student materials
- As an authorized NSC instructor, you can teach anywhere in the nation with no restrictions
- NSC will take care of your students’ records so you can focus on teaching
- You can customize training to meet your employees' needs
After being authorized by NSC, you can provide onsite training for your organization, at a time that is most convenient for everyone. This eliminates the need for travel or extra time away from work.
In addition to the NSC First Aid, CPR & AED course, instructors will learn:
- Resources for Adult Educators
- How to teach and facilitate a First Aid, CPR and AED training class
- Recommended Course Preparation Steps
- Pre-Course Activities
- What makes a successful instructor
- Teaching Methods
- Manage Participants
- Testing and Remediation
- Facilitation Skills Practice
- Post-Course Activities
It is recommended that attendees bring a laptop computer in order to practice and study for the instructor presentation portion of the course.
Click here for a list of local hotel accommodations
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register