Supervisor Safety Development Program
The Supervisors' Safety Development Program (SSDP) trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities. The program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace.
To equip supervisors and managers with the knowledge, leadership skills and methods to apply safety as part of their responsibilities and become effective safety leaders and advocates.
Who Should Attend?
- New supervisors and managers
- Experienced supervisors and managers seeking refresher training or additional education
What You'll Learn
Supervisors and managers learn how to incorporate safety and health into their daily management process.
Key learning includes:
- How to confidently address critical safety and health issues
- How to enhance safety responsibilities and safety management systems, including safety inspections, incident investigations, safety meetings and employee engagement
- Identification and control of hazards, incident prevention, OSHA compliance, and continuous improvement in all areas of safety and health
- How to promote a positive safety culture
- Learning to support workers with on-going safety training, on-the-job training and promoting safe behavior
- Safety Management
- Safety & Health Inspections
- Hand/Portable Power Tools
- Incident Investigation
- Hazard Communications
- Materials Handling/Storage
- Safety & Health Training
- Industrial Hygiene
- Regulatory Issues
- Electrical Safety
- Employee Involvement
- Machine Safeguarding
- Fire Safety
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register