Supervisor Safety Development Program
The Supervisors’ Safety Development Program trains managers, supervisors, and human resource managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities.
Learn how to incorporate safety and health into your daily management process. Learning objectives include:
- How to confidently address critical safety and health issues
- How to enhance safety responsibilities and safety management systems, including safety inspections, incident investigations, safety meetings and employee engagement
- Identification and control of hazards, incident prevention, OSHA compliance, and continuous improvement in all areas of safety and health
- How to promote a positive safety culture
- How to support workers with on-going safety training, on-the-job training and development of safe behavior
This training will cover:
1. Safety Management
3. Safety and Health Training
4. Employee Involvement
5. Safety and Health Inspections
6. Incident Investigation
7. Industrial Hygiene
8. Personal Protective Equipment
10. Hazard Communication
11. Regulatory Issues
12. Machine Safeguarding
13. Hand Tools and Portable Power Tools
14. Materials Handling and Storage
15. Electrical Safety
16. Fire Safety
Participants receive the participant kit, supervisor safety manual, and certificate.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register