First Aid / CPR / AED
**Limited Spots Available** Please contact us first before registering if you need to register more than 1 person
Knowing how to respond to a first aid or CPR emergency is one of the most important skills a person can possess. The Standard First Aid, CPR and AED course meets the OSHA requirements and is your tool for training employees or the general public on the latest skills, techniques and expertise in life-saving procedures. The practice and feedback of using related skills in a realistic situation is integrated into the actual teaching experience.
What You Will Learn
- Chain of Survival
- Intro to Public Access
- Legal Considerations
- Initial Assessment
- Adult & Pediatric CPR & Obstructed Airway Procedures
- Physical Exam and Patient History
- Bleeding & Shock
- Wound Management ( Bandaging Practice)
- Head & Spinal Injuries
- Bone & Joint Injuries
- Sudden Illnesses
- Cold & Heat Related Emergencies
Class price includes:
1 First Aid, CPR and AED Textbook
This course exceeds minimum OSHA requirements for First Aid and CPR Training.
Certification is for two (2) years. Certificate and wallet cards will be issued upon successful completion.
This course is presented in accordance with the National Safety Council criteria. Text and certification are National Safety Council documentation. Instructors are certified by the National Safety Council.
Materials and instruction for seminars presented by IISC are provided in English. All attendees must be able to understand the information as provided. Non-English speaking attendees may provide their own interpreters to insure comprehension of the course content. Interpreters may assist the participant with testing and skills practice as necessary. Interpreters will not be charged for attending unless they require a certificate of completion for the seminar. The presenter is required to insure that participants understand the course contents prior to awarding completion documentation.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register