Slips Simulator Training
Slips, trips and falls are the second largest work comp claim paid by leading insurers. We believe that such incidents can be significantly reduced through training and awareness, possibly leading to reduced injury and cost.
During Slip Simulator Training, not only do your employees learn proper slippery surface walking technique first hand by doing it, the fun and engaging experience ensures they remember it. Proven by research to reduce slip, trip and fall accidents by up to 70%; learning by doing has been proven effective.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council is the only company within the state of Iowa that has a Slips Simulator available for public use. In a combined research effort, Dr. Thurmon Lockhart of Virginia Tech University and United Parcel Service (UPS) teamed up to tackle this problem. In the first year, UPS east coast division reduced fall rates by approximately 70%. Decades of research and understanding led a kinetic learning approach: learn by doing. The end result was Slip Simulator Training.
Just Released, December 17, 2020
BLS: On-the-job deaths reach highest level in 12 years
A total of 5,333 workers died as a result of on-the-job injuries in 2019 – a 1.6% increase from 2018 and the highest number of fatalities since 5,657 were recorded in 2007, according to Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries data released Dec. 16 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Slips, trips and falls resulted in 880 deaths – an 11.3% increase from the previous year
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COViD-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer must be used periodically at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom will be set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student-please do not reduce this space and use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise, if you are using electronic materials we have sent you, you may bring your laptop to view those materials;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow one drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but we will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering while in our facility please do so, we are not requiring attendees or staff to wear them
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Class size will be limited to 12 people to allow for the current social distancing guidelines.
Please wear flat shoes (no heels or wedges). The slips simulator footwear works best with sneakers/tennis shoes, casual shoes, and work boots.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register