OSHA 7225 Transitioning to Safer Chemicals
Transitioning to Safer Chemicals
This course will provide participants with information about and hands-on experience with the process for transitioning to safer chemicals, as well as the key methods, tools, and databases that can assist in this process. More specifically, the course will guide participants through OSHA’s seven-step substitution planning process for understanding and evaluating chemical use, identifying and assessing alternatives, and implementing those alternatives that are safer.
The target audience is purchasing staff, maintenance supervisors, facility managers, and workers who utilize hazardous chemicals at their worksites, along with occupational safety and health professionals who provide technical assistance on the control of chemical hazards.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council offers this OSHA course as a Host Training Organization of The Great Plains OSHA Education Center.
Class Date & Time:
June 25, 2021 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - IISC Office - West Des Moines, IA
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer used periodically, at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom is set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student - please do not reduce this space; use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, unless otherwise instructed; any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow a drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- We ask that you wear a mask when you aren’t able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing, when you are in common areas within the facility, or you feel most comfortable doing so.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Please fill out the information below with the attendee's information under "Billing Info". If you need to register multiple people, you must submit a separate registration for each person.
Attendees will need to show a valid driver’s license or ID at the class.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.