Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
NSC Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene course will develop your understanding of industrial hygiene terminology, principles and practices. NSC is offering Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene as a virtual, four-day course covering 15 topics and four key processes in an effective industrial hygiene effort: anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control. You’ll be brought up to speed on anatomy and physiology, as well as chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards in the workplace.
Taught in an interactive format supported by case studies, group discussions and equipment demonstrations, this is an essential course, especially for those with limited industrial hygiene training or experience.
What You Will Learn:
Who Would Benefit
- How to distinguish chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards
- How to conduct an industrial hygiene needs analysis
- When to use a qualified/certified industrial hygienist
- Basic anatomy and physiology associated with routes of entry and toxicology
- Hazard evaluation techniques
- Emerging trends in combustible dust, hexavalent chromium, flavorings-related lung disease, bioterrorism, nanotechnology and pandemic influenza
- How to use essential monitoring equipment
The course is designed for safety, health, environmental and management personnel who have industrial hygiene responsibilities but limited training or experience in industrial hygiene.
Register today and get the confidence you need to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control industrial hygiene hazards.
Completion of the Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene course earns you 2.6 CEUs towards the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program based on proven best practices.
Advanced Safety Certificate
The robust ASC® program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens your leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization. For individuals on a career path in safety, this certificate program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
To attain the Advanced Safety Certificate, you must complete the
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course and a minimum of 5.2 CEU’s among the approved classes.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer must be used periodically at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom will be set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student-please do not reduce this space and use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise, if you are using electronic materials we have sent you, you may bring your laptop to view those materials;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow one drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but we will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering while in our facility please do so, we are not requiring attendees or staff to wear them
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register