OSHA 30 Hour Construction(Registration Closed)
OSHA's 30 Hour Construction course is designed for Safety personnel, managers, supervisors, insurance loss control professionals and anyone having responsibility for OSHA compliance in the construction industry.
This course provides an in-depth review of hazard awareness. Special emphasis is placed on areas in construction that most commonly result in worker injury or property damage. Additional topics are designed to provide attendees with a solid base of knowledge in hazard awareness and control measures to use to effectively manage safety and health on construction sites. The course also covers basic instructional approaches, improving compliance communication, and training at the work site.
What You Will Learn:
You'll Leave the Training with Increased Confidence, and the Know-How to:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Fall Protection
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Ladders and Stairways
- Material Handling
- Hand and Portable Power Tools
- Excavation and Trenching
- And More
- Identify hazards and how to avoid, control and prevent incidents from happening.
- Work Knowledgeably within OSHA construction standards
|Upon successful completion of this course participants receive a wallet card from the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration certifying successful completion of 10-hour Occupational Safety & Health Training Course in Construction.
PLEASE NOTE: OSHA requires that OSHA 10 and 30 hour classes be taught for a minimum of 10 and 30 hours respectively. Instructors must teach at least 7.5 hours a day, which does not include mandatory breaks.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COViD-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer must be used periodically at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom will be set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student-please do not reduce this space and use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise, if you are using electronic materials we have sent you, you may bring your laptop to view those materials;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow one drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but we will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering while in our facility please do so, we are not requiring attendees or staff to wear them
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Attendees will need to show a valid driver’s license or ID at the class.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.