substance abuse training for supervisors - ON-SITE TRAINING
BRING IISC'S TRAINING TO YOU!
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council's trainers can customize the training to your company and your specific needs. On-site training is great for when you need to train several employees with little disruption to their normal schedule.
In Iowa the employer must provide their supervisors with a minimum two hours of training initially, and one hour of training each year subsequently.
Our training course will help you sort it out. Through discussion, role plays, and activities, our professional facilitator will break down the regulation into terms you can understand. You'll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees and your business.
What You Will Learn:
You'll Leave the Seminar with Increased Confidence and the Know-How to:
- The scope of substance abuse
- Elements of an effective substance abuse policy
- Reasonable suspicion and personal observations
- Handling difficult conversations
- Signs and symptoms and effects of alcohol and drugs
- Substance abuse and the ADA
- How to recognize and deal with employees who have job performance problems that may be related to drug and/or alcohol use.
- How to handles situations that can become emotional, heated, and dangerous.
- How to refer employees to EAP program.
- Enforce your substance abuse policy.
For any questions or to receive a quote on your custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers