silica training - ON-SITE TRAINING
BRING IISC'S TRAINING TO YOU!
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council's trainers can customize the training to your company and your specific needs. On-site training is great for when you need to train several employees with little disruption to their normal schedule.
4 Hour Course
This course is tailored for individuals who will be designated as Competent Persons under the requirements of the silica final rule. Receive training to ensure your company's compliance with the new silica regulations.
OSHA estimates that the rule will save over 600 lives and prevent more than 900 new cases of silicosis each year, once its effects are fully realized. The Final Rule is projected to provide net benefits of about $7.7 billion, annually.
- How to identify silica hazards in the workplace
- Health hazards associated with silica exposure
- How to protect employees and properly mitigate exposure
- How to fully comply with all parts of the new regulations, including: compliant tools and engineering controls, air sampling, medical monitoring, and written program requirements
Who Should Attend?
Safety managers or directors. Employees that work with concrete or may encounter silica as part of their day to day work.
Both standards contained in the final rule took effect on June 23, 2016., after which industries have one to five years to comply with most requirements, based on the following schedule:
***OSHA is delaying enforcement of Silica in Iowa for 30 days
- Construction - September 23, 2017. OSHA delayed enforcement in order to conduct additional outreach and provide educational materials and guidance for employer. See the memorandum.
- General Industry and Maritime - June 23, 2018, two years after the effective date.
- Hydraulic Fracturing - June 23, 2018, two years after the effective date for all provisions except Engineering Controls, which have a compliance date of June 23, 2021.
For any questions or to receive a quote on your custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers