hazwoper 24 hour
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
Unexpected release or substantial threat of a hazardous substance release, can place a significant risk to employees. Employers are required to ensure employees who response to these events are adequately trained so they can act quickly and respond in a safe manner during the emergency. Exposures to hazardous substances could cause immediate and/or long-term health effects and fires and explosions, depending on the physical properties and health hazards of those substances. This training will address the five operations in which employees must be trained, the dangers associated with hazardous substances, the use of the various available resources to acquire information specific to the substance, personal protective equipment focusing on the four levels of protection, respiratory protection, hazardous substance monitoring, engineering controls, emergency response planning, medical surveillance, and much more.
Who needs the training?
Employees engaged in the following activities:
- Clean-up operations required by a governmental body involving hazardous substances at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites (i.e., EPA's National Priority List, state priority lists, sites recommended for the EPA NPL, etc.)
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA);
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by Federal, state, local or other governmental bodies as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Operations involving hazardous waste at treatment, storage, disposal (TSD) facilities regulated by 40 CFR Parts 264 and 265; and
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances without regard to the location of the hazard.
- This is three full days of training and is intended as initial training to meet OSHA's requirements under 29CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65
To view upcoming training dates visit our online calendar.
For any questions or to receive a quote on custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers.