Employers that have hazardous chemicals in their workplaces are required by OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), 29 CFR 1910.1200, to implement a hazard communication program. The program must include labels on containers of hazardous chemicals, safety data sheets (SDSs) for hazardous chemicals, and training for workers. Each employer must also describe in a written program how it will meet the requirements of the HCS in each of these areas.
This training will cover
- Hazard classification for health and physical hazards, as well as classification of mixtures
- Explanation of the signal word, pictogram, hazard statement and precautionary statements required on each label
- Explanation of the information provided in each section of the data sheet
- Hazards associated with chemicals, appropriate measures to take for those hazards, and how to obtain additional information
- Written program requirements, and
- Employee training requirements
To view upcoming training dates visit our online calendar.
For any questions or to receive a quote on custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers.