DOT HazMat Training
The Transportation of Hazardous Materials
The Department of Transportation under 49 CFR 100-185 identifies employees who require training for the shipment of hazardous materials. Employees that have an affect on the transportation of hazardous materials must be trained before they can conduct any action regarding movement of that material. Training is required initially and repeated every 3 years.
Hazmat employees are described as those who:
- Load, unload, or handle hazardous materials
- Design, manufacture, fabricate, inspect, mark, maintain, recondition, repair, or tests a package, container or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified, or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous material in commerce
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation
- Is responsible for the safety of transporting hazardous materials
- Operate a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
A hazardous material is a substance or material that is capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety, and property when transported in commerce, and includes hazardous substances, hazardous wastes, marine pollutants, elevated temperature materials, etc.
This training will cover:
- The purpose and use of the hazardous materials table and special provisions
- Shipping Papers
- Emergency Response
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register