Fire safety becomes everyone's job at a worksite, whether that work site is in a manufacturing facility or on a construction site. Employers should train workers about fire hazards in the workplace and about what to do in a fire emergency. If you want your workers to evacuate, you should train them on how to escape. If you expect your workers to use firefighting equipment, you should give them appropriate equipment and train them to use the equipment safely.
This training will cover:
- Emergency routes for workers to use and procedures to follow.
- Accounting for all evacuated employees.
- Procedures for evacuating disabled employees.
- Evacuation of employees who stay behind to shut down critical plant equipment.
- Preferred means of alerting employees to a fire emergency.
- Requirements for fixed extinguishing systems.
- Identifying the OSHA standards that require a fire prevention plan.
- Basic precautions for preventing fires and protecting workers
- The right equipment and protective wear for fighting fires
- The different types of fire extinguishers and identify which type(s) you need in your workplace
- Minimum elements of a fire prevention plan
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register