Hazwoper 24 Hour
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
Unexpected release or substantial threat of a hazardous substance release, can place a significant risk to employees. Employers are required to ensure employees who response to these events are adequately trained so they can act quickly and respond in a safe manner during the emergency. Exposures to hazardous substances could cause immediate and/or long-term health effects and fires and explosions, depending on the physical properties and health hazards of those substances. This training will address the five operations in which employees must be trained, the dangers associated with hazardous substances, the use of the various available resources to acquire information specific to the substance, personal protective equipment focusing on the four levels of protection, respiratory protection, hazardous substance monitoring, engineering controls, emergency response planning, medical surveillance, and much more.
Who needs the training?
Employees engaged in the following activities:
- Clean-up operations required by a governmental body involving hazardous substances at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites (i.e., EPA's National Priority List, state priority lists, sites recommended for the EPA NPL, etc.)
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA);
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by Federal, state, local or other governmental bodies as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites;
- Operations involving hazardous waste at treatment, storage, disposal (TSD) facilities regulated by 40 CFR Parts 264 and 265; and
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances without regard to the location of the hazard.
- This is three full days of training and is intended as initial training to meet OSHA’s requirements under 29CFR 1910.120 and 29 CFR 1926.65
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register