Safety Management Techniques(Registration Closed)
This course will be taught online. After registering, additional information will be emailed to the attendee closer to the course date.
VIDEO CONFERENCE FORMAT Required: broadband internet connection and a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and camera.
***THIS COURSE WILL BE SPLIT INTO 7 (SEVEN) HALF-DAY SESSIONS.**
CLASS DATES - JULY 14-17 & JULY 28-30 | CLASS TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
You must attend all days to complete the course
The Safety Management Techniques course does more than show you what an effective safety manager does. It shows you how to do it through a balanced approach to safety management, addressing administrative, technical and cultural elements of safety.
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your facility/company. Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers.
What you'll learn
- Identify the fundamental principles of safety management.
- Recognize the key elements of NSC's safety management system.
- Determine your role as a safety and health professional and define line management's safety and health responsibilities.
- Identify leadership strategies that contribute to your success as a manager.
- Recognize the dynamics of organizational safety culture.
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change.
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization.
- Use measurement tools to track the progress of your organization's safety management system.
- Identify the steps for preparing a successful safety management audit.
- Establish a business case for a safety management system.
- Use problem solving and decision making skills to resolve your organization's safety and health issues
- Create an action plan to improve safety management in your organization.
You'll also get:
- 9 Elements of an Effective Safety Management System
- Case Studies in Safety and Productivity, Volume One
- Injury Facts CD-ROM, current edition
Advanced Safety Certificate
The Advanced Safety Certificate program is designed to maximize your effectiveness as a safety leader and help you establish best safety practices for your organization. Advanced courses focus on the technical and management safety skills and best practices needed to take your safety program to a new level. And with each course, you’ll be stepping out on a path toward greater accomplishment and professional recognition.
To attain the Advanced Safety Certificate, you must complete the
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course and a minimum of 5.2 CEU’s among the approved classes.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.