Welding, Cutting and Brazing
Hot work mishaps are responsible for thousands of injuries and millions of dollars in property damage every year. Any welding, soldering, cutting or brazing can cause burns, eye damage, and fires. And virtually every industry is at risk.
The National Safety Council's Welding, Cutting and Brazing Compliance Training Seminar will help you reduce that risk. Our professional facilitator will walk you through OSHA regulations pertaining to hot work. Through discussion and activities, you'll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees.
What You Will Learn
(Workbook included with each registration)
- Each section of OSHA 1910.252 Welding, Cutting and Brazing
- Basic precautions for preventing fires and protecting workers
- Common hazards associated with various types of hot work
- Authorization and hot work permits
- Fire watches --- why you need them and how to carry them out effectively
You'll Be Able To
- Understand the key elements of the regulations and how to comply
- Take the proper steps to avoid fire- and heat-related injuries and damage
- Identify the hazards associated with various types of hot work
- Assume -- and assign -- responsibilities related to hot work precautions
- Reduce your costs for medical claims, workers' comp, and property damage
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.