Principles of Occupational Safety and Health(Registration Closed)
This four-day program is designed to give team leaders, managers, human resource personnel, safety team/committee members, and other employees who are tasked with safety responsibilities a well-balanced understanding of occupational safety and health terminology, principles and practice.
Course includes the following
- Accident Prevention Manual for Administration & Programs, 13th Edition CD
- Accident Prevention Manual for Engineering & Technology, 13th Edition CD
- Injury Facts CD current year
- Reference Materials CD
- 19 Module POSH Participant Guide
This course is mainly focused on setting up/revising your Safety Management System. During the four days, the focus will be on the following items;
- Management & leadership commitment
- Organizational communications and systems documentation
- Assessments, audits, evaluations and continuous improvement
- Hazard recognition, evaluation and control
- Facility design and engineering
- Operational safety program
- Employee involvement
- Motivation, behavior, values, and training
Why take this course?
- To develop a safety management system
- Improve your current safety management system
- Improve your safety team/committee
- Learn more about safety management
- Working towards Advanced Safety Certificate
POSH delivers a solid curriculum of important safety concepts and terminology, with an emphasis on best practices for implementing and managing a safety program. The most important components of occupational safety and health are presented. We also show you how to put them into practice to help prevent injuries and related costs.
Advanced Safety Certificate
The Advanced Safety Certificate program is designed to maximize your effectiveness as a safety leader and help you establish best safety practices for your organization. Advanced courses focus on the technical and management safety skills and best practices needed to take your safety program to a new level. And with each course, you’ll be stepping out on a path toward greater accomplishment and professional recognition.
To attain the Advanced Safety Certificate, you must complete the
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course and a minimum of 5.2 CEU’s among the approved classes.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Cedar Rapids Marriott
1200 Collins Rd NE
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register