Defensive Driving - State Employees
**TEST PAGE - DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO REGISTER**
STATE OF IOWA EMPLOYEE registration only
Per 11 IAC 103.8, each state driver who is assigned a state vehicle or drives a state or private vehicle on state business at least 5,000 miles per year shall attend a Defensive Driving or Driver Improvement Course every three years.
- Select "not-yet-a-member"
- Fill out "Registration information" and "Billing information" with attendee information
- List "State of Iowa" as "Company". Specify Agency when asked.
- Select "Send Invoice" - The invoice/receipt emailed to you will be your confirmation to the course. Do not submit the invoice to your agency. DAS will handle invoicing.
Defensive Driving Courses are sponsored jointly by the Department of Administrative Services, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council, and Department of Public Safety.
- Employees who are newly assigned to a state vehicle should attend the next available Defensive Driving Course.
- Defensive Driving Courses may be required (at the driver’s agency expense) to restore fleet privileges. All drivers must notify their appropriate agency personnel and DAS Fleet Services immediately if their driver’s license has been revoked, suspended, or restricted. The driver must also report any citations received while operating state-owned motor vehicles. The Department of Administrative Services (DAS), in conjunction with the Human Resources Enterprise (HRE), may terminate state vehicle driving privileges in these instances.
- Any drivers who have been issued a traffic citation or who have been involved in an automobile accident, which was totally or partially caused by their negligence, must attend the next available Defensive Driving Course at the driver’s agency’s expense (costs will be included on monthly eDAS billings). For a complete of list qualifying incidents, refer to IAC 11-103.12.
All courses are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Refer to the Iowa State Patrol District Map for locations.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register