Audiometric ReCertification Course
***If your certification will expire before you are able to attend a recertification class, please file for an extension with CAOHC at https://caohc.execinc.com/edibo/OHCExtension/. This helps to ensure that your certification will not lapse in the meantime. ***
Purpose: This re-certification course meets industry’s need to provide training and certification for certified occupational hearing. This course will be presented with the course outline for accreditation as an occupational hearing conservationist. This course will include exposure to manual and microprocessor audiometers and personal hearing protection and otoscopic screening procedures. Ample time allotments have been provided for practice and counseling to assure registrants opportunity to develop proficiency.
Occupational health nurses, Occupational Physicians, Industrial Hygienists, Industrial safety specialists, and Human resource personnel.
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Apply and Administer reliable and accurate pure tone audiometric examination, referral or counseling.
- Assess the condition of the external ear relative to the results of the audiometric examination and for the purposes of fitting appropriate hearing protection devices.
- Interpret results of noise surveys and noise exposure test results in relation of the requirements of OSHA for a Hearing Conservation Program.
- Apply knowledge and skills to participate meaningfully on the hearing conservation committee or team organized by the employer.
- Assess the adequacy and appropriateness of hearing protection devices in relation to the noise exposure hazard of employees.
- Apply skills to perform periodic functional and calibration checks on audiometric test equipment.
- Integrate knowledge learned to comply with documentation required under state and federal laws on behalf of the employer.
- Incorporate and produce educational and training services required under OSHA and for employees covered by OSHA.
- Summarize and articulate the results of audiometric examinations to employees in a meaningful manner.
Attendees for the recertification course must bring a copy of current
CAOHC certificate to class for validation.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own otoscope and audiometer.
Registration fees include course materials & CAOHC Certificates.
ReCertification Course Outline
- Federal & State Regulations Relating to Noise & Hearing Loss
- The Audiometer & Test Environment
- Audiometric Techniques
- Supervised Audiometric Testing
- Audiogram Review Referral & Employee Follow-up
- Personal Hearing Protection
- Employee Education & Motivation
- Role of OHC
- Additional Instruction Practicum
|Contact Hours Available:
Audiometric certification three-day course: $39 / 20.5 contact hours
One-day re-certification course: $37 / 8 contact hours
YOU MUST SIGN UP AND PAY FOR CEUs DURING THE CLASS
(not before or after).
CASH OR CHECK ONLY. **Please bring your nursing license number**
Full attendance is required - no partial credit will be awarded.
Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #22
Des Moines Area Community College
Course Director, Laura Kauth, MA, CCC-A is certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC).
Upon completion and a passing score on the final examination, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to registrants. CAOHC certification fee is included in your registration free.
Click here for a list of local hotel accommodations.
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Registration/Sign-in: 7:30 am
Class Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Contact Info: Nancy Hankinson - 515-276-4724 ext. 230
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.