Supervisors Safety Development Program
The Supervisors’ Safety Development Program trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities.
A key feature of the program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace.
To equip supervisors and managers with the knowledge, leadership skills and methods to apply safety as part of their responsibilities and become effective safety leaders and advocates.
What You Will Learn
Supervisors and managers learn how to incorporate safety and health into their daily management process. Key learning includes…
- How to confidently address critical safety and health issues
- How to enhance safety responsibilities and safety management systems, including safety inspections, incident investigations, safety meetings and employee engagement
- Identification and control of hazards, incident prevention, OSHA compliance, and continuous improvement in all areas of safety and health
- How to promote a positive safety culture
- Learning to support workers with on-going safety training, on-the-job training and promoting safe behavior
Who Should Attend
- New supervisors and managers
- Experienced supervisors and managers seeking refresher training or additional education
Train-the-Trainer program includes (Optional Package):
The information above will be covered during the seminar for ALL registrants, however the following items are only included in the packaged program. If you would like the train-the-trainer kit please choose the 'train-the-trainer' option when registering below.
- Facilitator Guide
- Introduction and preparation
- Module exams
- Final exam
- 16 instructional modules
- Facilitator PowerPoint® presentations with embedded videos on DVD - (4 disk set) and CD (2 disk set)
- Supervisors’ Safety Manual, 10th Edition
Download the class brochure
Click here for a list of local hotel accommodations
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register