Defensive Driving Instructor Development Course
DDC 4, an instructor-led classroom course, offers the greatest flexibility for organizations who would like to customize session blocks. The multimedia production creatively integrates the 4-hour classroom presentation with technical content, videos, knowledge checks, skills and technique reviews, 2-D animation and a “Guide.” This course will motivate participants to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes. It will give your students key understanding, skills and techniques to avoid collisions and reduce future violations. The result is a more responsible driver who grasps best practices to prevent injury and death while operating a motor vehicle.
If your company or organization is not a current training center,
you will be required to become a training center prior to earning certification.
Every training center is required to purchase a Teaching Kit which includes:
12 month Multimedia Disc Set lease | Video Segments | Presentation Slides | Knowledge checks
Please call Yvette at 515-276-4724 or 800-276-2495 ext. 226 or email email@example.com for more information.
DDC 4 Benefits
Businesses that adopt the DDC 4 program as their best driver safety practice show their commitment to safety for employees, their families and the public. This training can also help to improve an organization’s bottom line, lower worker’s compensation insurance costs, decrease fleet premiums, reduce liability exposure and create a culture of safety.
Courts that use the DDC 4 program in their ticket dismissal program combat driving fatality rates by changing driver attitudes and behaviors. The program also allows courts to reduce court congestion, decrease case workloads and save lives.
Individuals who take the DDC 4 course gain a new awareness of roadway safety and defensive driving helping them to reduce risk of collisions, dismiss traffic tickets, avoid insurance increases, qualify for court supervision and fulfill court ordered driver education.
Upon Successful Completion
- Thorough coverage of DDC 4 6th edition course content and instructional materials, including the 6 additional 10-miunute lessons, multi-media presentation, group activities and case studies
- How to properly and effectively use the course materials and multi-media disc
- Major DDC concepts and strategies
- Characteristics and traits of an effective DDC instructor
- DDC teaching skills and facilitation methods to increase student involvement and motivation
- Specific learner needs and techniques for managing difficult course participants
- Deliver a practice presentation for candidate instructor peer feedback and instructor trainer evaluation
- Administrative responsibilities
The candidate must teach a minimum of two DDC 4 courses. After teaching your two probationary classes, your DDC Training Center’s administrator is to sign and return the Universal Certification Form issued to you during the Instructor Development Course to the National Safety Council. You will receive a serialized Instructor Credential which is good for one year. The first year of the credential was paid when you enrolled in the Instructor Development Course. After that it is renewable on a yearly basis. After certification, the NSC provides the instructor with a one year subscription to the Instructor’s Certification Subscription Service. This service includes the following:
Class Hours: First Day: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Second Day: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Safety and Health Magazine (monthly)
- Access to the DDC Information Highway (housed on the NSC website).
- Driver Trainer (bimonthly electronic newsletter)
- Traffic Safety (monthly electronic newsletter)
- Access to all 50 states and DC traffic law network
- DDC Instructor webinars and updates
- Information on the Defensive Driving Courses International Advisory Committee
- DDC Instructor Administrative Guide
- DDC Instructor Reference Materials
Click here for a list of local hotel accommodations
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register
A late fee of $30.00 will be added per attendee.