OSHA 511 Standards for General Industry
Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
This 4-day course covers OSHA standards, policies, and procedures in general industry. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA General Industry Standards, general industry principles and special emphasis on those areas in general industry which are more hazardous. Upon course completion students will have the ability to define general industry terms found in the OSHA General Industry Standards, identify hazards which occur in general industry, locate and determine appropriate OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and procedures, and describe the use of OSHA General Industry Standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program.
This course is a prerequisite for the OSHA 501 class.
This course is taught in conjunction with the Great Plains OSHA Education Center.
This course is included in the Specialist in Safety & Health (SSH) Certificate Program.
In-Person Class Procedures due to Covid-19 (PLEASE READ)
While attending classes at our facility the following pandemic measures will apply:
- Attendees must be symptom free-if it appears you have symptoms you will not be able to attend the class and will be asked to leave;
- If you feel ill, develop symptoms, or have contact with anyone that is confirmed or suspected of having COViD-19 while attending one of our classes please do not return to the classroom, we will work with you to help you complete the class at a later date;
- Handwashing must be conducted or hand sanitizer must be used periodically at least-before class, during breaks, after lunch, after coughing or sneezing;
- The classroom will be set-up to ensure there is at least 6 feet of space between each student-please do not reduce this space and use only your assigned space, we ask that you are cognizant at all times of your movements for the safety and comfort of other attendees;
- Only bring to class the materials you received from us and nothing else unless instructed otherwise, if you are using electronic materials we have sent you, you may bring your laptop to view those materials;
- Take all materials with you at the end of each class day, any trash you accumulate must be disposed of by you;
- We will not provide any food, you will need to consume food on breaks or during lunch outside of our facility;
- We will allow one drink container in your assigned space, we may provide water bottles but we will not provide any other beverage;
- We will sanitize the classroom after each class day;
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering while in our facility please do so, we are not requiring attendees or staff to wear them
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to three working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Please fill out the information below with the attendee's information under "Billing Info". If you need to register multiple people, you must submit a separate registration for each person.
Birchwood Fields Learning Center
4620 E 53rd St
Person(s) to Register