Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
**THIS COURSE IS SPLIT INTO 2 WEEKS
DAY 1-2: JUNE 11-12, 2019 / DAY 3-4: JUNE 25-26, 2019**
You must attend all 4 days to complete the course
Understand the concepts of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling industrial hygiene hazards your employees may face.
Worksites can harbor chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards. In this four-day course, you’ll gain a practical understanding of industrial hygiene issues and how to address them. Taught in an interactive classroom format supported by testing and a case study project, you’ll build the confidence and skills needed to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control industrial hygiene hazards. This is an essential course, especially for those with limited industrial hygiene training or experience.
What You Will Learn
- How to distinguish chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards
- How to conduct an industrial hygiene needs analysis
- When to use a qualified/certified industrial hygienist
- Basic anatomy and physiology associated with routes of entry and toxicology
- Hazard evaluation techniques
- Emerging trends in combustible dust, hexavalent chromium, flavorings-related lung disease, bioterrorism, nanotechnology and pandemic influenza
- General engineering and administrative controls
- How to use essential monitoring equipment
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene Participant Guide
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, 6th Edition
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Threshold Limits Values® and Biological Exposure Indices(R) books
- Tools and Resources CD
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Recognition of Chemical Hazards
- Recognition of Physical Hazards
- Recognition of Ergonomic Hazards
- Overview of Hazard Evaluation
- Evaluation of Chemical and Biological Hazards
- Evaluation of Physical Hazards
- Evaluation of Ergonomic Hazards
- Control of Hazards
- Industrial Hygiene Case Study
- Emerging Trends in Industrial Hygiene
- Industrial Hygiene Program Planning
Advanced Safety Certificate
The Advanced Safety Certificate program is designed to maximize your effectiveness as a safety leader and help you establish best safety practices for your organization. Advanced courses focus on the technical and management safety skills and best practices needed to take your safety program to a new level. And with each course, you’ll be stepping out on a path toward greater accomplishment and professional recognition.
To attain the Advanced Safety Certificate, you must complete the
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course and a minimum of 5.2 CEU’s among the approved classes.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials. Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register