Process Safety Management
PSM or Process Safety Management is a National Emphasis Program for OSHA. This course will explain how to ensure your PSM program is designed to meet requirements of these OSHA performances-based regulations, and implemented through an effective management system.
This 2-day course will allow you to begin the establishment of a PSM program or will afford you the opportunity to improve your current PSM program.
- Using Ammonia Refrigeration within your process (>10,000 lbs)
- Ethanol Biorefining Production
- Overview of Process Safety Management
- Requirements for Compliance
- Employee Participation
- Process Safety Information
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Operating Procedures
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Mechanical Integrity
- Hot Work Permit
- Management of Change
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Compliance Audits
- Trade Secrets
- Management Commitment & Accountability for Implementation
What You Will Learn
- The Performance- based requirements of the PSM Standards
- Specific guidelines for developing written programs customized for each PSM Element
- How to avoid PSM pitfalls
- Each Element
Template for each PSM Element, including applicability
How to begin implementation at your company
Training ideas to keep PSM on the front burner
- Comprehensive course notebook that will contain PSM Standards and letter of interpretations
- List of OSHA inspection items - "what they look for"
- Written Program Templates
- Certificate of Completion
Cancellation without penalty may be made up to five working days prior to the seminar date. Cancellation after that date will be charged 50% of the fee. You may avoid this charge by transferring your registration to another person. Registrants who do not cancel are liable for the entire fee. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT VOUCHER. This cancellation policy is standard with all Iowa-Illinois Safety Council sponsored programs.
Photographs and/or videos of people attending Iowa-Illinois Safety Council’s (IISC) events may be used for IISC’s social media and promotion materials.
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council programs strive to accurately meet every applicable Federal, State and Local requirements as well as established best practices. By engaging us you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Iowa-Illinois Safety Council shall not be liable in contract or tort or otherwise to you or to your company for any of your losses, fines, liabilities, exposures, or any of your incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
1501 42nd St STE 100
West Des Moines
Date & Time
Person(s) to Register