confined space safety - ON-SITE TRAINING
BRING IISC'S TRAINING TO YOU!
The Iowa-Illinois Safety Council's trainers can customize the training to your company and your specific needs. On-site training is great for when you need to train several employees with little disruption to their normal schedule.
4 Hour Course
Many workplaces contain spaces that are considered "confined" because their configurations hinder the activities of any employee that must enter, work in, and exit them. The hazards encountered and associated with entering and working in confined spaces are capable of causing bodily injury, illness, and death to the worker. That's because the hazards tend to be misunderstood or underestimated. And many confined spaces fatalities involve not one, but two, victims: the worker and the rescuer.
What You Will Learn
(Handbook included with each registration)
- Key elements of the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.146)
- Confined spaces concepts and terminolog
- The difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined space
- How to identify and evaluate hazards: atmospheric, mechanical, chemical
- Procedures for controlling hazards
- Proper protective equipment for confined spaces
- Duties of the entry supervisor, entrant, and attendant
- Procedures for self-rescue, non-entry rescue, entry rescue by company employees, and entry rescue by emergency responders
- Completing the entry process
Train-the-Trainer Package Available
For any questions or to receive a quote on your custom on-site training, contact the IISC trainers